Thursday, July 17, 2014

Week 3

Hola everybody!

Gracias for your letters! I received some of them yesterday, and it made me so happy. I love hearing about your lives.

My friend, Nash Miller, from BYU is here! He was in charge of my FHE group, and he's going to Russia for his mission.

The park this past Saturday was great. There are always great experiences there, and I love talking to the people. Even if they don't want to hear about religion, they are usually really nice. Afterwards, a sister said, "The park changes you". That is definitely true. I have learned how to talk to people without seeming weird or inconsiderate. That's a good thing haha.

Oh, and I don't know if I mentioned it last time in my letter but two Saturdays ago, my companion and I had been talking to these two nice, if a tad weird, men near the entrance of the park. We gave them pass along cards about the temple, but we were in a hurry so we couldn't talk to them too much. We said we'd be back  the next week but we haven't seen them since.

Yesterday, I learned from my Spanish teachers that those men were drug dealers! They sit at the entrance to the park every day. They're always nice to the missionaries, and I didn't feel like I was in danger talking to them...but I think I'll avoid that area of the park from now on. Can you imagine? Me, Lexie Jones, trying to teach Spanish drug dealers about the gospel. So strange.

We had a devotional broadcast by Neil L. Anderson, one of the apostles of the church. My favorite quote was, "There are souls to save and miracles to find, so get to work".

Now, for some fun Spain/language facts: Sponge Bob is called Bob Espongea, marshmallows are nuves (the Spanish word for clouds), and my Swiss-German district leader explained that kindergarten means "child garden".

I hope your weeks were great! Email or write me! I love hearing from you.

Love,

Hermana Jones











No comments:

Post a Comment