Thursday, July 10, 2014

Greetings from Spain!

Things are still going great here. The Russian Missionaries left, and we now have some missionaries from Ukraine. Another batch of missionaries from Provo will be here learning Russian on Friday.

Well, last Thursday was great. After I sent out my emails, we went on a tour of Madrid. We saw the neighborhood of Sol, the Royal Palace, an Egyptian temple, and a large statue of Don Quioxte (sp?). I just kept thinking how cool it was that I was walking around Spain. I don't think I'll ever get over it! (Pictures will come later, I don´t have time to upload them today)

Then, on Saturday, we had a fantastic day at the park. Everyone we talked to was kind, and many wanted to hear more. It was just so great, because I felt like I was really helping people. The gospel changes lives for the better, and I hope that I can help people find the joy that I feel because of it.

Oh, also, I found out that I can receive letters! The address is

Sister Alexandra Jones
Spain Malaga Mission
Centro de Capacitacion Misional
Calle de Templo, 2-4ª planta
28030 Madrid
Espana

Letters take up to 1.5 weeks to get here, so if you send it too late, I might not get it. But I'd love to hear from you!

Yesterday I was released from my calling as Ward Chorister and given a new one: Sister Training Leader. I make sure all the sisters have what they need and counsel with them if they need it. I'm super excited! It's an honor to be called, and I´m excited to serve them.

A sister in my district made a list of the most entertaining things here at the CCm, and I´m going to share them with you. 1: the Map. There´s a big map hanging in the classroom hallway, and during breaks all 25 of us missionaries gather around it, pointing out our homes and quizzing each other on the African countries. 2: Looking out the Window. This one is for missionaries and teachers alike. During study time, for a short break, we get up and stand in front of the window. I don´t know why its so fascinating, but I think it just reminds us where we are and that there is an outside world out there. 3: The chairs. The church invested a lot of money in these chairs, which is good because we sit in them for 6 or more hours a day. Each week we find new features.

Fun Spain fact: they have Dora the Explorer here! But instead of teaching kids Spanish, she teaches English.

I love you all! I hope you have a great week.

Love, Hermana Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment