Sunday, December 28, 2014

Whenever I don't want to do something

...I leave behind my ¨don´t want¨ and I do it.¨ That´s a quote from one of the Sunday meetings this week, and I loved it! When we are in the service of our God, there will be some things that we just don´t want to do. I, for example, would love to get more sleep here haha. But I get a full 8 hours, and I know that each day, the Lord has other things planned for me to do for His work than an extra hour of sleep. 
 
Well! It´s almost Christmas! And I´ll have been in Spain for six months! It´s cazy to think about... It feels like it´s flown by, but it also feels like a REALLY long time. I miss all of you a ton, but only a year left! A year and a half to give everything to the Lord isn´t much that He´s asked of me :)

We were visiting a less active member the other day, and he asked us, ¨how´s the work going?¨ We said wonderful, and we´ve seen so many miracles. He replied, ¨Where? I´ve lived here for 6 years and haven´t seen a single miracle.¨ So we explained about a few miracles that we´ve seen this week.
One of them was that we found an investigator that we hadn´t seen in MONTHS. Her name´s Glenda...I´ve talked about her before, how amazing she is. I hope she can still feel the Spirit and be a little bit more open to following God´s commandments.

And then, there were two baptisms in our ward this week, and when Isabel, our investigator, saw them, she completely changed. She hasn´t smoked, has been reading the Book of Mormon, and praying morning and night. She´s awesome, and might be baptized this Sunday. 

I hope you all have a great Christmas week! The members of the Church here are taking good care of us; we have two or three eating appointments every day haha :)
Thanks for your emails and cards!

Love,
Hermana Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment