Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Are we doing it our way or the Lord's way?

This is a quote that my companion wrote down from Church yesterday. I
like it because, as a missionary, we cannot do this work our way or
nothing will happen. The Lord knows who needs to be found, He knows
who is ready to accept the gospel; we just need to learn to listen to
His Spirit.
It has been a great week! I think I always say that, but it's because
it is always true :) Looking back, I can't really remember what
happened. We had a great lesson with our friend Edmond who we lost for
a while. We saw him again by chance (I say by chance, but God
organized everything about it) on a bus,and we talked a bit more with
him.
We also celebrated Thanksgiving! All the missionaries here in Alicante
brought something to eat, so we had a nice dinner. It was super fun.
We hand mashed a huge bag of potatoes...and they lasted like two
minutes haha they were really good. It's not like Thanksgiving at
home, but it's a good substitute :)
Afterwards we did an exchange with the Albacete sisters, and it was so
fun! It was FREEZING, but really cool. It's this town about an hour by
train from Alicante. It's super cute, and I really enjoy going there.
Saturday was Hermana Evelo's birthday, and it was super fun. The
missionaries surprised her with a party in the church, and I think she
enjoyed it.
BUT, on the way back, the bus started coming and so we ran to catch
it, like we've done a million times...and literally a foot from the
door I fell and twisted my ankle. I haven't done that my entire
mission, even though I have run in the worst shoes to run in...but
anyway, we did actually make the bus, so that was good.
I rested my ankle a bit, and we went out to work. I walked like twice
as slowly, and we were almost late for our appointment, but it was
SUCH a good lesson. The man we taught came to church the next day, and
it was awesome.
The rest of that night, we worked (slowly haha) and the elders came
over and gave me a blessing. They couldn't come into our apartment
without another man, so we went over to a members house and did it
there in their hallway. It was the sweetest blessing of health ever, I
loved it. God's true priesthood is on the earth!
I miss you all! I go home to Washington next week...crazy to think
about, but it still hasn't hit me yet.
Miss and love you!
Hermana Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment