Saturday, April 4, 2015

"You´re not here to baptize the whole world"

¨--You´re here to find and teach lost Israel who they are.¨ This is a quote from Brad Wilcox. He came and did a fireside last night for missionaries and young single adults, and it was FANTASTIC. He explained that, as missionaries, as youth in Christ´s Church, we have a responsability. And that is to find those who God needs us to find. When Christ comes again and says, ¨Hey, I´m a Mormon,¨ there will be a LOT of people suddenly interested in the Church (understandably), But, if we have a million new converts overnight, will the Church now be able to handle it? Will we have enough bishops and relief society presidents and leaders to help the new converts as they come to know their Savior? That´s why we, as missionaries, are here: we need to find lost Israel, find and teach those whom God has chosen to to build the Church in preparation for the second coming of our Savior. (How cool is that? It puts the whole ¨gathering of Israel¨ thing in a different perspective).

A great week this week! On Monday and Tuesday, we had Concilio, which is the Mission Leadership Council. It is made up of zone leaders and sister training leaders, and we talk about what the mission needs. This time, we talked about how to make our exchanges with the missionaries better, and we talked about cleaning (apparently that´s something the mission needs to work on). It was a great few days, and I grew a lot from what I learned there.

Then, Tuesday night, we went to work. I had started feeling a bit sick that morning, but it wasn´t affecting my ability to work or anything...until an investigator finally said, ¨Hermana, are you okay? You´re super pale.¨ We went to a farmacy and bought me some medicine (it´s not as hard to get medicine here as I thought), and then I went home and slept for a few hours. We went out to work again in the night, and it was rough. I was super out of it, and tired and my head was all stuffy...but there were some people that we needed to visit, so I just dealt with it. But as we were going up this hill to an area about half an hour away, I was praying in my mind, ¨Heavenly Father, I´m struggling, and I want to be able to do Thy work. Please, help me.¨ 

I looked around me and had the thought, ¨There are angels here.¨ I felt that there were angels, people I love who have passed on to the next world, there with me. They were supporting me and I knew I wasn´t alone at all. My head felt clearer, and my bag lighter, as if it wasn´t me who was carrying it. And like that, we went to a few more appointments.

And then we came back to our appartment early and I slept some more. The next morning I was still as sick as the night before and I couldn´t speak because my throat hurt, but we had a meeting with one of the leaders in the ward, and so we had to go (I know it sounds like I was pushing myself super hard, and I kinda was, but I also did get a lot of rest, so it´s okay). In the meeting, I was half asleep, and totally out of it, and by the end, I asked the elders (the male missionaries) for a priesthood blessing. That is when they, exercising the priesthood that they hold, put their hands on your head and bless you with health, and other things as they are directed by the Spirit. They put their hands on my head, and almost imediatly I started crying haha. But afterwards, I felt a little better, and my throat didn´t hurt.

We went home and an awesome member of the Church made me soup, and I slept for a few more hours. That afternoon, my companion and I went to the Family Home Evening that they do at the church every wednesday night here, and I felt almost 100% better. I haven´t had any problems since.
I´m so grateful for the priesthood and that, through my faith, God was able to work a miracle in my life. Because it really was a miracle for me that I recovered so quickly, and I know that it was a huge blessing from God. When we work hard, in doing what He asks us to do, we are blessed.
Well, the rest of my week was fairly normal. Thanks for all your cards and letters! I love getting them.

Have an awesome week!

Love,
Hermana Jones


Last monday, we went hiking to a castle.  This is Hermanas Cook, Merrill, me, and my companion Hermana Herrera

No comments:

Post a Comment