Monday, May 11, 2015

"We need to pray often..."

"...we need to read the scriptures often. The trials will pass, the impurities will disappear from our lives, and we will be ready for the coming of the Lord.¨ The bishop here in Malaga 1st Ward said this. He was talking about Revelations 3:18-19, which says, ¨I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich...As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.¨ I have understood here, more than in any other part of my life, that for the Lord, we are all gold. We are all precious to Him. But we ALL have impurities and dirt and we´re shaped weirdly and aren´t useful for anything. He knows what we can be; He knows that we can be perfect. But to do that, He needs to change us, and ¨[try us] in the fire¨. That´s not an easy process, and it hurts. But if we don´t give up, and if we don´t give up on Him, we will make through it. ¨The trials will pass.¨

This week was AMAZING! We got to have a mission wide conference to talk about the iPads that are coming. So that was cool; I got to see Hermana Herrera, and Hermana Adrian, and Hermana Miller, my anterior companions, and a lot of other missionaries that I hadn´t seen in a while. But better than that were the speakers: Elder Allen and Elder Dykes, from the Quorum of the Seventy. The first thing they said was, ¨This is not about iPads.¨ They talked about obedience and repentance and how to do missionary work more effectively. (That´s something I was really interested in: sometimes, it feels like I´m working really hard, but until I start working effectively, I don´t see many results). It was an AMAZING conference.

And besides that...my companion taught me how to make perfect rice :) And we have some amazing investigators right now. One told us, ¨I don´t know if this book is true, and I don´t know if God exists. But every time I meet with you, something good happens to me.¨ We also got a call from an investigator from a long time ago who said, ¨I know your church is true, and I want to be baptized.¨ She´s amazing! She´s working on stopping smoking, but once she overcomes that, she´ll be baptized. It really was a wonderful week.


Love and miss you all,
Hermana Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment