Monday, September 15, 2014

End of My Second Transfer

Hi! I hope you all had a great week! It was weird for me to realize that I just finished my second transfer (every 6 weeks is called a transfer). I´ve been in Spain for 12 weeks, although it definitely feels like longer.
I thought I´d make a list of what I did/accomplished these past 6 weeks:
1. I communicated with people in Spanish--that is one of my biggest accomplishments haha. I am far from being good at Spanish, but I can talk and understand most people.
2. I got food poisening for the first time :)
3. I ate kebob (a type of food here that isn´t in the States) and paella every week, and who know what else. I usually don´t ask what type of food the people feed us primarily because I wouldn´t know the English equivalent, and also because I feel like I probably wouldn´t want to know :P
4. Spent time every day walking in the sun, in 90+ degree weather, and I am still here!
5. Became a resident of Spain
6. Made friends with the local dogs (literally every person has a dog here. We try to be on good terms with them so that the people will like us, and so that the dogs won´t attack us).
7. Ran out of money and phone minutes multiple times
8. Ridden (and ran for) the train more times than I can count. They really need to give us a car; we spend 10 or more euros a day on the train to get to our pueblos.
9. Already broke my Book of Mormon. My companion says it´s because I´m too enthusiastic when I read hahaha
10. Had a baptism and confirmation! Her name is Monica, and she was baptized on Saturday. We started teaching her almost a month ago, and she´s a gem. The baptismal service was so special, even though before hand we were running around like crazy trying to get things done. Monica bore a really sweet testimony about how she came to know that God exists and that this is His church and, more importantly, His gospel. Then yesterday, she was confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and her smile was so big. It was the best weekend ever :)


Well, I´m looking forward to the next 6 weeks! We´re going to start teaching English classes...that´ll be an adventure.
I love you all! Have a great week,
Hermana Jones


1. a picture of one of the AMAZING sunsets here

2. I call this an ice cream shovel. It´s the proper utensil to use when eating ice cream, apparently (and they have Burger King here!). 

3. Jose, a member who baptized Monica, Monica, H. Herrera, and me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment